Samsung announced the Galaxy C8 for the Chinese market. It has a dual camera capable of Dual Photo – a mode which let’s you capture a photo and later adjust where the focus is.
It is second smartphone by Samsung to sport dual cameras, first being the Galaxy Note 8.
The Galaxy C8 has a duo of 13MP f/1.7 + 5MP f/1.9 sensors on the back and a 16MP f/1.9 front shooter with a separate LED flash.
Samsung Galaxy C8 Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (13.9 cms) Super AMOLED with Full HD resolution (~401 ppi pixel density) with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Processor: Octa-core processor (with 4 cores clocked at 1.69GHz and the other 4 clocked at 2.39GHz)
- RAM: 4 GB or 3 GB depending on variant
- Internal Storage: 64 GB or 32 GB depending on variant; expandable via microSD card (Hybrid)
- Rear Camera: 13 MP f/1.7 + 5 MP f/1.9 accompanied by LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP accompanied by LED flash
- Battery: 3,000 mAh
- Dimensions: 152.4 x 74.4 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 180g
- Dual SIM: Yes (Hybrid)
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat with TouchWiz
- Security: Fingerprint-sensor (front) and facial-recognition
- All metal unibody design
Additional features feature of the smartphone is the Always-on-Display.
In terms of connectivity, it offers support for 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, GLONASS, micro USB and 3.5mm audio jack. A host of sensors on the smartphone includes an accelerometer, gyro sensor, geomagnetic sensor, RGB light sensor and proximity sensor.
The Galaxy C8 comes in Black, Gold and Rose Gold color options but the price and availability date are yet to be announced by the Samsung.
Take a look at all the color variants of the smartphone.